Michigan created a state highway department in 1905. In 1913, in response to pressure from the growing number of automobile owners interested in touring, the state developed a 3,000-mile state trunkline network, a part of which was M-60 through the southern part of the township. The location of M-60 to its present alignment, in places following the old rail roadbed, was changed after 1960. U.S. 131 was constructed through the township south from Three Rivers in the late 1930’s. The northern section of U.S. 131, by passing the central part of Three Rivers, was completed in the early 1960’s.
State Highways Admin 2010-05-10T14:36:47+00:00